ABC Columbia is our media sponsor for the Angel Tree program.
WLTX is our television sponsor for Stuff-A-Bus.
Emergency Disaster Services
SALVATION ARMY TO HOLD REGISTRATION FOR CHRISTMAS ASSISTANCE IN KERSHAW COUNTY
Columbia, S.C., November 5, 2013 – The Salvation Army of the Midlands plans to accept applications from Kershaw County residents at the Pickett Building, 1000 York Street, Camden, SC (across from Camden High School) November 12th and 13th from 9:00 a.m. – 3 p.m. and November 14th , from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Families who are accepted into The Salvation Army Christmas Assistance program will receive notice by mail which will provide their pickup date and time at the SC State fairgrounds in Columbia. “One of the great privileges of working at the United Way of Kershaw County is matching needs with resources. At no other time of year do we see such need and such giving hearts than the Christmas Season. Again this year many groups are coming together to help the children of our community and our Salvation Army is one such group. We welcome them with open arms as they will be giving gifts and food to those who need it most and fulfilling their mission in our community – DOING THE MOST GOOD!” Donny Supplee, President, United Way of Kershaw County
People applying for assistance will need to bring the following items:
1. Picture ID for the head of the household.
2. Identification cards for everyone residing in the household. The following IDs can be used: U.S. driver’s license, Social Security card, State-issued non-driver ID card, U.S. passport, Employee ID card, School ID card, Health insurance card (not Medicare), Matricula Consular ID card, U.S. military ID card.
3. Proof of age for every child 13 years old or under. Only children 13 years and younger can receive Christmas gifts. Birth certificates or other official documents may be used for proof of age.
4. If your household qualifies for Food Stamps (SNAP), bring proof of your most current award statement (your award statement not EBT card). With proof of Food Stamps award, numbers 5, 6, and 7 (below) are not necessary.
5. Proof of all income in the home for the past 30 days (pay stubs, unemployment statement, SSI Disability, Social Security statement, VA or other pensions).
6. Anyone 18 years or older and receiving no income must show proof of zero wage (Zero wage statement from the unemployment office).
7. Proof of all household expenses paid in the past 30 days (not bills that you owe, but bills that were paid).
Please note that no children will be allowed in the building during registration or distribution weeks. Do not bring your children and leave them in your car. Please make arrangements for someone to care for your children elsewhere while you are applying for Christmas assistance.
All people seated inside will be served after the door closes. Chairs will be set up and everyone will come in an orderly fashion and sit down. Please understand that if you don’t comply with these policies we will not be able to assist your family this Christmas. Children receiving assistance through Families Helping Families will not be eligible. Please contact Major Roger Coulson at 803-309-6435 or by email at Roger_Coulson@uss.salvation army.org for more information.